Tuesday, August 15, 2006

HarperCollins Competition

Has anyone been able to make any sense of or formulate plausible theories for the crimes committed in HarperCollins' competition, advertised in the Guardian? I've now had a look at three scenarios (I don't know how many there's been over the weeks as I don't check it that frequently) and they've all left me stumped. I, like readers of this blog, read loads of crime fiction but have no clue...

HarperCollins/Guardian Competition - the prize is a weekend in Bologna.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave up on that one ages ago! I'd rather read...

Maxine Clarke said...

I suppose you have to read their latest Wilson book to be able to answer? I read the first in the series and although I quite liked it (bit slow-paced), I didn't like it enough to want to read any more -- they are so long.
Quite liked the Russian front/WW2 aspects though.

Also, if I won (v unlikely, crimefic will attest to how weedy I am at competitions), how on earth would I get to Bologna for the weekend, with my life? I couldn't even get to Harrogate...

Anonymous said...

Interesting competition in that the book being promoted is set in Seville and Morocco with the prize being a trip to Italy...

Robert Wilson's books are indeed long, but not the longest and I do find them intriguing and involving. I loved The Blind Man of Seville! The Hidden Assasins will be my next read as soon as I have finished Laurie R King's The Art of Detection.

Now come on Maxine - weeds thrive best! You'd only have to look at my garden to confirm that!

But the real horror of this competition is that the silent witness is a cat on the roof.