Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Free Martina Cole book at Woolies (UK)

Not everyone's cup of char but extremely popular at the library - now you can have your very own copy of Martina Cole's Faceless by printing off this .pdf voucher and handing it in at your nearest Woolworths.

From amazon.co.uk: "Eleven years ago Marie Carter was convicted of killing her two best friends. And she's paid the price. Now she is being released from prison. It's time to go home. But time has stood still for Marie, and she has nowhere to go. Her parents have disowned her; her friends have abandoned her; even her kids don't want to know. But some people out there do care - particularly when they know that Marie Carter is out for revenge..."

[Source - Martin's Money Tips].

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno, what do you think about M Cole? When I first discovered her I devoured four or five of her books and (guiltily?) enjoyed them. Now, I think she has got flat and formulaic. I am not sure I'd bother reading one even if it is free. (In fact I think I got a free one of hers from a book club once while I was still addicted to them, and it is still somewhere in one of my TBR piles). What do you think of her?

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

Hi Maxine, I haven't tried her and they don't really appeal to me but I know she's popular. She gave a very entertaining talk at Dead on Deansgate a few years ago and I was tempted.

Anonymous said...

Well, if you try one, make it an early one. I think she recycles the same plots now.