Friday, March 06, 2009

Andrew Grant - Even - opening paragraphs

Lee Child's younger brother Andrew Grant will have his first novel, Even, published in May in the US and July in the UK. Proofs are circulating and here are the first paragraphs taken from a UK proof copy:

One

When I saw the body, my first thought was to just keep on walking.
This one had nothing to do with me.
There was no logical reason to get involved.

I managed two more steps. If the alleyway had been a little cleaner. there's a chance I might have kept on going. Or if the guy had been left with a little more dignity, the scene might not have bothered me so much. But the way he's been discarded - dumped like a piece of garbage - I couldn't let it pass.

Even's main protagonist is David Trevellyan, a Royal Navy intelligence operative. Andrew Grant's official website is here, the US publisher's page is here and the UK publisher's page is here.

3 comments:

JD Rhoades said...

Cant' wait for this one....

Jon The Crime Spree Guy said...

Andrew Grant has got mad skills.

I loved this book.

Gord.. Robson said...

I am resding "EVEN" right now and so far it is a really great read!
I read 200 plus mysteries a year and this is one of the best!

I am waiting for the next book!
Thank you for such an outstanding
first novel!