Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Anatomy of Ghosts - Cover Opinions

This week's selection for "cover opinions" is the US and UK covers for Andrew Taylor's The Anatomy of Ghosts.

So what are you thoughts on the US (LHS) and UK (RHS) covers? Which would entice you to pick the book up if you were not familiar with Andrew Taylor? The US edition was published on 25 January and a UK paperback edition will be out 17 February (with a similar cover to the hardback).

If you have read it, how well do the covers suit the story?

Read the Euro Crime review by Amanda of The Anatomy of Ghosts.

You can read an extract from The Anatomy of Ghosts here.

5 comments:

Muse said...

The UK cover seems more ghosty though the art on the US cover would probably make me pick it up and read the back blurb anyway.

So win win for both.

Maxine Clarke said...

They both have a historical feel to them...the one on the left seems more "worthy and serious" whereas the one on the right hints at a lighter read.

Anonymous said...

Karen - I don't usually choose the U.S. cover option but this time, I like it better. I'm not exactly sure why, but it appeals to me more.

Dorte H said...

Me too! Just for once I prefer the American cover. I haven´t read the book, but based on the title and other Taylor books I assumed that one suits the story best.

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Karen,

I have not read any Andrew Taylor and he is not an author I am familiar with, so my opinion is purely my own and unbiased.

I hate to say it, but on this occasion, I definitely prefer the the LH US cover.

I would definitely pick this book up to at least read the blurb, whereas, based on cover appeal alone, the UK version would stay on the shelf and I would still be none the wiser about Andrew Taylor!